[CCF] Fwd: WPX CW OG7A(OH6MW) SO(A)AB LP

Ari Vepsäläinen ari.vepsalainen at kolumbus.fi
Mon Jun 1 04:16:57 EDT 2020

Pienellä teholla bandilla piipitelty koko viikonloppu muiden mukavien
aktiviteettien ohessa. Kiitos qsoista

73 Ari OH6MW

-------- Välitetty viesti / Fwd.Msg --------
Aihe: 	WPX CW OG7A(OH6MW) SO(A)AB LP
Päiväys: 	Mon, 01 Jun 2020 07:56:00 +0000
Lähettäjä: 	webform at b4h.net
Vastausosoite: 	ari.vepsalainen at kolumbus.fi
Vastaanottaja: 	3830 at contesting.com, ari.vepsalainen at kolumbus.fi

CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OG7A
Operator(s): OH6MW
Station: OH6MW

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Operating Time (hrs): 32

------------
160: 39
80: 173
40: 284
20: 811
15: 357
10: 373
------------
Total: 2037 Prefixes = 947 Total Score = 3,314,500

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

We had season's best six meter opening on the Friday evening from Finland to
Caribean and it lasted till cq wpx cw start. Three new 6m dxcc points
from DX
stations etc, much fun that too. I even heard Jeff vy2zm cqing on 6m, no qso
yet. This lock down and work from home summer special: 6m new antenna and
chasing 6m dx.

I had plans to operate CQ WPX contest as a low power because I haven't
ever done
that, have to try it to really know how it is. I did my first CQ WW cw
as a low
power in 2019 and that was fun. Same thing could be said about WPX CW. It is
difficult and different. Basic game is the same as a hp but you have to
adapt
your tactics to low power situation. Like it is no use to split small
power to
different directions in a marginal conditions if no-one is able to hear you.
Can't know beforehand which works and which is a waste of time. But that
is the
fun part of trying something new.

And my hot summer radio shack stayed atleast a little bit cooler with no
amps.
Only amp used was for 6 meters and I stopped WPX CW several times when I
noticed
from propagation tools that 6m ES is raising. I am no 6m dx expert but
when I
see 15000 km 6m dx infos from Finland to Argentina or from Finland to
Australia,
I know that is special. Also did some b&q and other family matters on the
side. Nice weekend.

In cq wpx cw contest, we had some aurora, we had very good es propagation.
During the Sunday DX propagation was difficult to JA and USA. I couldn't
get DX
runs and had to s&p for dx mults. Sunday afternoon changed that and dx
propagation raised a bit and was able to do short dx runs on 20m.
Overall on the
positive side, it is great to have good NA openings on 15m during sunspot
minimum. Just had to optimize every hour to conditions, had fun on all
bands,
they all worked somehow and gave points and mults.

Difficult and different, something else than previous 9 times as a high
power. I
broke old OH low power record on Sunday morning and doubled the record
score.
Good activity from Finland, maybe someone did even better low power
score. Maybe
HP next time or something else.

Thank You very much for all qsos,

73 and stay safe