[CCF] SAC plaques & Solar activity

Zaba OH1ZAA elefa at wippies.fi
Sat Aug 7 06:50:20 EDT 2021

First message rejected by spam filter
(now modified title)

-------- Alkuperäinen viesti --------
Aihe: SAC sponsored plaques & Solar activity
Päiväys: 7.8.2021 13:20
Lähettäjä: Zaba OH1ZAA <elefa at wippies.fi>
Vastaanottaja: ccf at contesting.com

Aloha!

SAC 2021 is approaching, so I tried to transfer funds by
PayPal for a Sponsored Plaque to our SRAL with old routine,
but the system told that SRAL is not able to receive funds
at this moment. I guess, this will be cleared soon, or new
instructions will appear on this CCF-forum.

Generally with the plaque, I try to stimulate a SAC-embedded
little contest-in-contest situation, between two countries
of foreign participants. Countries with about the same level
of activity in historical SAC-data, and geographically at
about the same distance to have about the same "gravity
point" and duration in conditions, and of sufficient
activity level to be of benefit for the scoring on the
Scandinavian side. I have not made my choice for these
coutries yet for 2021. My sponsoring is for CW only.

There have been s few enhanced periods for Cycle 25 Solar
Activity, but last week there were 5 days with ZERO sunspots,
and about A4 - A5 level X-ray background. Very much Solar
Minimum levels still. Look at 21 MHz activity: almost
non-existent looking from this far North on an average day.

For this weekend's IARU HF we seem to be at A6 - A9 levels,
which is nothing to write home about, but lets hope that
during SAC it will be slightly better. For today the Aurora
is on the decline, which hopefully helps for less attenuation.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA (OH2MZA OH3BCX OH4BCS OH5ZA) [OH0MZA]