[CCF] ARRLDX CW OH6QU SOUSB15 HP

oh6qu at netikka.fi oh6qu at netikka.fi
Mon Feb 21 06:00:17 EST 2022

Lauantaina iltapäivällä meinasi ihan loppua huumori ja homma jäädä
siihen kun täältä pohjanperukoilta ei meinannut millään päästä USAhan 15
m:llä. Lopputulokseksi tuli kuitenkin ihan hyvä määrä kusoja - kiitos
yökelien.

                     ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: OH6QU
Operator(s): OH6QU
Station: OH6QU

Class: SOUSB15 HP
QTH: Nr. Vaasa
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   160:
    80:
    40:
    20:
    15:  738    57
    10:
-------------------
Total:  738    57  Total Score = 124,659

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Thanks to increased number of sunspots and higher solar flux the night
time
propagation from OH6 area to North America are back on 15 meters! I made
more
that 60 % of my contest QSOs during the dark time of the day i.e.
between 18 -
02 UTC (local sunrise/sunset at 06:00/15:30 UTC).

Day 1:

00 - 02 UTC the band was mainly open to W5, W6, W7 and VE7 area. Strong
signals with not much flutter on their signals. 36 Qs made.
12 - 18 UTC was nothing but struggle in bad auroral conditions. Mostly
S&P. US signals were weak and fluttery. Central and Southern EU QRP
stations
were beating me in pile-ups. Very frustrating period. 153 Qs made.
19 - 24 UTC the band was slowly opening to North America. At the end W5
&
W6 stations were loud as locals. 236 Qs made.

Day 2:

12 - 18 UTC was better than day before but aurora was still making
trouble. I
was beaming all day long to South America to make QSOs to North America.
Aurora
oval was still blocking the direct route to North America. Mostly RUN.
Only
Southern US signals were clean without flutter. 163 Qs made.
19 - 22 UTC the band opened earlier than day before. Surprisingly also
East
Coast was coming thru eventhough it was mainly West Coast booming in. At
21 UTC
yet another magnetic disturbance hit the earth and the band died quite
soon
after that. 150 Qs made.

Rig: FTdx5000 + OM2500A / 1.5 kW and 3 x Hy-Gain TH7DX

Tnx for QSOs!
Jari OH6QU & OG6A
https://www.qrz.com/db/OH6QU/