[CCF] WWROF stipendejä nuorille

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:41:38 EST 2022

Cleveland, OH – November 16, 2022 – The World Wide RadioOperators
Foundation (WWROF) is pleased to announce a new scholarship program.

The WWROF will award up to two scholarships of $2500 each to amateurs who
demonstrate active on-the-air operation, including entering contests or
achieving awards such as DXCC or WAS. There are no restrictions on
applicant nationality, place of residence, location of institution, or
intended field of study. Preference will be given to applicants 25 years of
age or younger.

The WWROF scholarships will be administered by the ARRLFoundation. Online
applications are now being accepted for the 2023 awards.The deadline is
Wednesday, January 4, 2023, at 12:00 PM (noon) EST (1700 UTC).

WWROF Chairman Tim Duffy, K3LR, commented, “We have received several
donations earmarked for Youth programs. The WWROF created these
scholarships to enable active young operators to continue their studies.”

For information on applying for these scholarships, see
https://www.arrl.org/scholarship-descriptions .

About WWROF

The World Wide Radio Operators Foundation (WWROF) was created in 2009 by a
group of radio operators who saw a need for an independent organization
devoted to the skill and art of radio operating. We believe that amateur
radio contests provide a means of testing operating skill and
that worldwide contest sponsors can benefit from the support we can
provide. WWROF owns, operates, and maintains the log-processing systems and
awards programs for contests sponsored by CQ magazine and others. For more
information visit www.wwrof.org