June VHF QSO Party from K1TR/3

Rus Healy NJ2L rhealy at arrl.org
Tue Jun 16 15:48:11 EDT 1992

Well, we did it again. Operators included K5ZD, K1EA, KA1GD, KM3T,
K1TR, NR1E, K1XX, KH6CP, NJ2L, N1AFQ, WA3UGP, WN3A, KZ2S, N3AKO,
KA2AEV and a couple of others. W2GD even stopped by and made a
token 903 QSO. Preliminarily, we scored 1.112 M points using
every band from 50 MHz through 24 GHz, including four laser
contacts. I think that Andy, KA1GD, set a new QSO record on 2
meters with about 650, as I recall (and 58 grids). I shared 432
and 903 with K1EA. Ken and I made 242 Qs in 41 grids on 432 and
38 Qs in 18 grids on 903. For the first time in many years, we
had absolutely no aurora all weekend, but the tropo conditions
were the best I've ever heard. WW8M in EN72 (central Michigan)
was S9 *all day long* on 432 at 600+ miles, and we made dozens
of 500+ mile QSOs on 432. What a blast!

More later.

--Rus, NJ2L