N2RM, N5AU, etc

Trey Garlough GARLOUGH at TGV.COM
Wed Nov 4 06:54:34 EST 1992

> The crew at N2RM came up with an awsome score. We see the incredible
> numbers, but how did they do it and who were they? It would be nice
> to see a rundown on the station (rigs, antennas, hardware in general),
> and who the operators were. It would also be interesting to know more
> about the other superstations around the country - N5AU, AA6TT, etc.

Eric (NM5M) and I operated 15 meters at N5AU during CQWW SSB.  We had
two complete stations set up.  The first station was a TS-930S and
Alpha 77 (1 x 8877) working into fixed yagis pointing at Europe, Japan
and Carib/SA and a tall rotary yagi.  The second station was a TS-930S
and an AL-80 working into a rotary yagi at 60 feet.  With the exception
of the Carib/SA antenna (Cushcraft), all 15 meter yagis are of the five
element Telrex variety.

The basic idea is that station #1 calls CQ all weekend, while station #2
dials around finding interesting stuff to work, calling interesting
things out on packet (and feeding KR0Y's single op + packet effort)
and smashing packet pileups.

I'm heading back to Dallas this weekend to operate N5AU in the ARRL
November Sweepstakes (CW).  Hope to work you in the event.

--Trey, WN4KKN