Equlized contest

Andy_Melanyin ua3dpx at mosbos.msk.su
Tue Nov 24 10:47:07 EST 1992

Subject: Equlized contest...
Hello All!

Sounds very interesting and this theme is still very popular in Russia becouse
She is very big. In Siberia thay say give us more points for the q for it's
cold and the radio waves are slower becouse of the frost. In European part they
disagry and so on... In 1986 was the first site-on championship of the CCCP and
the last was in Leningrad (now Sent Petersburg again) just a day before last
years coup. And all the moral was Who usually finish first from their qths those
finish first from the site-on field.
On the other hand the QTH sometimes helps. And the callsign too. No one needed
me as UA3DPX but things better with the UX3D, but I did not try the KW yet...

The other thing is poor operating skill. We used to have a lot of gossips about
some ones output powers. If the person runs 5 or more KWs and can not win he
thinks that other guy is running twice as bigger. But at the same time the
other guy is just better operates his station or may be have better location.
I can tell You many examples when the station from the country side blowed
10 KW to the 4 el Quad and he could not beat the other who lived in a high
block of flats and had just vertical. The first one could not beleave that
the second had just 500 W. But he had an advantage ... the potatoes in his
garden were realy very good.

Now I'm closing. It's midnight in Moscow and tomorrow I'll have the friends
from Ukrain RB5QF & UB4QBL. Who can guess why do they comming to Moscow ?
They come becouse I'm presenting Igor RB5QF with a final stage from ex jumming
transmitter ( which have been used to interfere with the VOA ). It's 5 KW in the
carier. I thimpathize with guys for that thing weighs about 300 kGms. But may
be it will help some one with growing potato.
73 ! & take it easy.
                      Andy (UA3DPX)