Networking CT

Joel Glickman joel at hibp1.ecse.rpi.edu
Fri Oct 9 14:58:35 EDT 1992

Has anyone had trouble running a CT network at 9600 baud?
I've never been able to get it to work properly.. If you simply connect
two machines together with a serial cable, configure properly for 9600,
you will ocassionaly get a message MULTI: Bad packet checksum
or somethin like that. The QSO will not get logged on the networked machine.
I find that I can make this happen all the time if I enter a QSO on each
machine and simultaneously hit the return key. it seems as though the data
gets screwed up when sending QSO's at exactly the same time...
This problem is remedied by running the network at the snail's pace of 300
baud..

Has anyone run into this??? (Running CT7.24)
-Joel Glickman (KA1PRT)
-Self-appointed computer guru, W at SZ
W2SZ