Gin pole?

Andy Zwirko az at i5120h.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Oct 21 17:08:54 EDT 1992

Hey all your station builders...

  The local U. of Md RC is trying to build their own gin pole, through the
help of some friends in the metal/welding dept.  We/they have the hinge, clamp
and pulley arrangement pretty much worked out.  The question is the main mast.
I've used a gin pole in the past, and know it's aluminum and about 10-12ft long
and 1-1/2", or 2" OD.  We would like to know the exact ID & OD for structural
integrity.  Anyone know these off the top of their head?  Tnx and cu in the
tests from w3lpl.

andy - ka1gd/3

zwirko at wave.nrl.navy.mil