Yet another WW SSB Score - N6TR/7 multi-single

Larry Tyree x 7210 larryt at ateq.com
Wed Oct 28 11:24:40 EST 1992

At the risk of having the lowest multi-single score posted, here is
what we did last weekend.  We had two rigs going about half the time,
and just one the rest of the time.  Ops in order of hours worked were
AA7NX (ex WA7ZTN), K7RO, N6TR and NV7F.

    BAND    QSOs   Zone    Ctys
    160       6      5       4
     80      98     20      42
     40     260     25      74
     20     279     32      83
     15     652     34     100
     10     498     29      89

    ALL    1793    145     392     Total score = 2,623,782

We didn't hit 20 quite as hard as we probably should of. However, we all
had fun.  NV7F made his first HF QSO in 12 years, working a OK on 40 SSB
no less.  Perhaps we will put in a bigger effort on CW.  The best quote
during the contest came after beating out some big stations on 75 with
our stealth loaded 45 foot tower vertical: "It isn't how big it is, it is
how you use it."

Conditions were certainly better this year than last year when I was s/o
at W7RM.  We did blow up one of those Bencher low pass filters.  We were
on 20 meters with a Henry 3-K (which later blew up with some sort of
parasitic).  The spare SB-220 replaced the 3-K half way through the contest
and worked perfectly with 1200 W output.  We had very little interstation
interference using the tribander for the mult station and the monobanders
for the run station.  The two towers are 90 feet apart.  The run rig was
a TS-940S and the mult rig was a Drake line.

See y'all in the SS CW!!

Larry "TREE" Tyree  N6TR          _.  _....  _  ._.  _.._.  __...
islabs!ateq!larryt at sequent.com
work (503) 526-7210      home (503) 658-6012      fax (503) 526-7202

My views are not those of General Motors, IBM, HP or most other sane people.