Conductive goop (fwd)

Ronald D. Klein rklein at lobo.rmhs.colorado.edu
Fri Apr 2 19:44:02 EST 1993

Forwarded message:
> From root Fri Apr  2 16:13:17 1993
> From: TSkelton at engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)
> To: cq-contest at TGV.COM (CQ Contest)
> Subject: Conductive goop
> Date: Fri, 02 Apr 93 16:27:00 PST
>

> Now that contest season is going to wind down for a while,
> it's time to try and get some antenna work done (lame
> excuse, this was my least effective contest season yet).
>
> The local hardware stores know nothing about any type of
> conductive grease or goop.  Could any of you please direct
> me to a mail order source of this product, along with any
> of your personal recommendations?  I have a couple of
> antennas I am putting back up, and they have been sitting
> around awhile.
>
> Thanks!
>
> 73, Tom WB4IUX

I would try an electrical supply outlet that caters to contractors. They
typically carry that sort of thing. However, last year when I installed my
Mosley PRO-67B, a conversation with the President of Mosley indicated that
there is a wide variety of the conductive "goop", so I'd somehow find out how
to quantify the conductivity and life characteristics of what the suppliers
have available.  Penetrox is one brand name I have heard of.

Ron -  W0OSK