AM VHF Radios

D. Leeson 0005543629 at mcimail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:49:00 EDT 1993

The 118-136 MHz aircraft band uses AM.  Any radio that receives that
band will have an AM detector that can be used for noise location.  AM
is used in part so that multiple signals can be heard at the same time,
so as not to miss a weak emergency call.

Our local power company guy uses a TV set with an RV TV antenna, and
watches the noise in the picture, which is also AM.  GL de Dave, W6QHS