ARRL 10 Meter Contest - W7RM

MCONATOR at SFOVMIC6.VNET.IBM.COM MCONATOR at SFOVMIC6.VNET.IBM.COM
Sun Dec 12 20:53:02 EST 1993

Well, condx weren't very good, but they were better than I expected.
(I wonder if we CAN actually "create some ionization"?...). First 2 hours
Friday night were missed due to other duties, but doubt I missed much,
maybe a few JAs and VKs (which I was working at 23:30z). Worked a few CA
and locals for a total of 19 QSOs and 7 or 8 mults before turning in. One
very interesting note: I am SURE I worked a couple of VE6s on METEOR SCATTER!
Very short, high intensity signals, then fade to noise, which I understand is
a meteor scatter signature. I also was told by W1FEA that they kept hearing my
signal in that fashion in the evening (in N. Cal.). Thought it might be a
possibility since we are in a shower currently.

Sat. AM brought lots of stateside activity. Was going so well I just couldn't
pull myself away to mult hunt. Best DX Sat. was being called by A22, ZS & ZD8.
Worked about 60 JAs Sat afternoon, along with lots of SA and Car. EU was
noticeably missing, though I heard East coast and south working them some.

Sunday AM was a lesser version of the stateside runs of Sat., so I did my
mult work. It paid off, with the highlight of the contest for me: working
ON4UN on backscatter. Only EU heard or worked. No more Africa Sunday, but
did hear ZD8 again loud and clear. Sunday afternoon brought another nice
small run of JAs, though never heard or worked any ZLs.

So, after all that, I ended up about half of last year. See ya next year?!

W7RM  Single Op, High Power, Mixed Mode, Washington State
      6 el Yagi at 165', 2 - 6 el Yagis at 40' and 70'

       QSOs  DX  St/Pr
  CW   630   27   51
 SSB   732   19   46
Total 1362   46   97

W7RM SCORE: 569,712

73, Mike AA7NX
Michael R. Conatore
(503) 294-6769
mconator at sfovmic6.vnet.ibm.com
IBM Oregon Trading Area
1211 S. W. Fifth Avenue Suite 1000  Portland, Oregon 97204
IBMMAIL USIBM5CZ
A.R.S. AA7NX