W9UP 10 meter score

ka9fox at aol.com ka9fox at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 13:58:42 EST 1993

W9UP (Mike N0BSH operator)
Single Op Wisconsin
High Power
SSB Only

809 QSO / 44 sections / 23 countries = 108,406

11 hours of operation

Submitted by KA9FOX at aol.com

From: jlgiasi at umassmed.UMMED.EDU (John L. Luigi Giasi) (John L. Luigi Giasi)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 93 14:14:27 EST
Subject: Wait for the NPRM

In the message from tavan at tss.com........
->
->Anyone have any insight on how FCC will administer the
->initial feeding frenzy for new calls this time?  First
->dibs to former holders?  License class priority?
->Postmarks?  Codeless Techs  :-) ?
->
->/Rick Tavan N6XI
->tavan at tss.com
->

Let us just wait and see the full text when it appears. Judging from
some of the proposal/implementation times, those hams wishing to
change/add whatever calls will have plenty of time, it's not like
the government acts quickly on much (save taxation).

I would hope that those who held a particular call prior would get
first dibs. Then maybe sons, daughters, grandsons, grandaughters...

I really believe that they should eliminate some of the "guessing
game" parts to any plan of callsign selection. A plan which reserves
a call for a limited amount of time allowing someone to accept or
reject the call before having it assigned would be advantageous.

Even though I studied the system for many months and it worked for
me, there were a few sleepless nights. AA2HF is always in my mind,
as it seems he tried for what is now my call, by using a Connecticut
address, missed by one (got AA1AB) and even though he changed back to NJ..
had lost AA2HF forever.

Again.. lets see what the full text sez..
73 de Luigi

John L. Luigi Giasi, AA1AA                         jlgiasi at umassmed.ummed.edu
System Programmer
Scientific Computing, IRD
University of Massachusetts Medical Center                             ..._._
--
PS:	My posts have killed threads before.
	Will it work this time? ....Only you can decide.