WPX

ka9fox at aol.com ka9fox at aol.com
Wed Dec 29 16:16:32 EST 1993

> In my opinion the contest wasn't broken in the 1st place.
> Bill, KM9P

>> Say what? It was broken big time from the begining...try working it from
the
>> left coast and beat the east coast/europe qso party.  The scoring needs to
>> be fixed...period.
>> Jim, WA6SDM

Wouldn't you say almost every DX contest is an East Coast/Europe QSO Party?
Not sure anything could/should be done about that.

Scott, KA9FOX
KA9FOX at aol.com

From: n2ic at longs.att.com (Steven M London +1 303 538 4763) (Steven M London +1 303 538 4763)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 93 14:47:51 MST
Subject: WB2EKK Needs a Trip to the Left Coast !

While I appreciate that WB2EKK's posting on "voluntary restrictions" was
intended as humor, I'm afraid it struck a raw note.

"Whinus Equalus" ---  Is it asking too much to have a "West of the Mississippi"
Top-10 all-band single op listing, instead of just a "USA" [==East Coast]
top-10 ?
After all, the European's "whined" for years until CQWW gave in and listed
a Europe-only top-10.

"...stop to complain about how much easier it is for Left Coasters to work
this unending well of [JA] QSOs and prefixes."
Wake up, John.  This isn't 1980.  You don't see the new W7RM's of the world
working 2100 JA's on 15 meters.  In the past 13 years, the number of JA
contesters has plummetted, while the number of EU contesters has skyrocketed.
Just count how many Italian's you worked in a 1980 CW contest compared with a
1993 CW contest.

John, before you make another attempt at East Coast/Left Coast humor, I suggest
you spend a little time at, say, N6DX, instead of W3LPL.

Steve, N2IC/0