FW: European Field Day

Skelton, Tom TSkelton at engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM
Thu Jun 3 10:00:00 EDT 1993

 ----------
From: hq.tgv.com!tgv.com!cq-contest-relay
To: cq-contest
Subject: European Field Day
Date: Wednesday, June 02, 1993 4:45PM

Hi everyone. Just a reminder that the CW session of the European Field Day
takes place this coming weekend, 5/6th June.
<<deleted>>
73 and TNX...Peter, G4BVH.

Thanks for the memories Peter.  I stumbled onto the European Field Day
late one summer night about 22 years ago (high school student).
I had just gotten my Eico 753 working and a 20 meter dipole up.  I heard
all these rapid-fire QSO's on 20 CW and sort of figured out what was going
on.  I worked a few stations into the wee hours of the morning -- had a
ball.
This was my first contest exposure after having been licensed for 3 years.

I haven't had much time lately to contest but I will be sure to get in there
and
try to give out a few QSO's to you  /P stations in Europe!

Hope you have fun and some great conditions.

73, Tom WB4IUX