QRLing and so forth

ku4a at lexvmk.VNET.IBM.COM ku4a at lexvmk.VNET.IBM.COM
Mon Mar 1 13:34:10 EST 1993

>Is it OK in a contest, when there isn't
>a clear frequency on which to call CQ, to just find some station who is
>weaker than you are, and try to take over the frequency?

There are doubtless a lot of people who do this, but I would rather try
find someplace where there is a bit of a gap between stations and try to
squeeze in. Interesting question, as the declining solar flux is going
to pack everybody into narrower usable bandwidth. Late in the January
SSB NAQP 80 and 160 were about the only usable bands.

73 de Chris KU4A
ku4a at lexvmk.vnet.ibm.com