Callsign frequency

NB7241000-LondonSMDR230524 n2ic at bighorn.dr.att.com
Mon Mar 8 12:15:50 EST 1993

The strategy of working the guy first, then asking him (her) for their
callsign only works if you are loud enough to not waste much time on
potentially duplicate contacts.

Here in the black hole, this just doesn't play well.  Example:  Sunday AM,
10 meters was crawling with DX-turkeys not signing their call, with huge
pileups of east coast Novices and Technician-pluses.  I guess the DX-lid
stations figured that signing their call would only make the pileups
worse.  We just didn't have good enough propagation to bust the pileups
quickly.  Storing these pileups in memories helps, but it's not as good
as the HC8A's of the world, who sign their call with every QSO.

Steve, N2IC/0