Station Arrangement (Was Re: Control Placement)

Kris Mraz mraz at maverick.aud.alcatel.com
Mon Mar 8 15:33:44 EST 1993

Jim, AD1C wrote:

> Scott, K9MA wrote:
>
> >It seems the keyboard has become a major obstacle.
>
> Why not put the keboard in a recessed trough in front of the radio?

I was thinking that a small remote pad with the key functions (freq,
VFO A/B, band, etc.)  could be positioned to the left of the keyboard
(for right-handers) and the radio would be centered in front of the
keyboard. This way you wouldn't need to reach across the keybpoard
except for infrequently used radio functions.

Kris, AA5UO                     '~ ~`
mraz at rockdal.aud.alcatel.com      L