An apology and modification

P.VASILION V111QHEG at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Tue Mar 9 17:26:02 EST 1993

Hi All,

First, my pervious post seems to have been only read up to the line on illegal
power as I havn't seen any comments on sunday slump (except one). I never
meant it as a personal attack on the likes of AD1C et al, nor as an
indictment of the entire W1 area. Yes Illegal power is run in ALL call
districts (whether you want to believe it or not- some DO).

If anyone took personal unbrage on it, you have my apology. It wasnt a
personal attack. It was meant to get you to think about the "arms race" in
ham radio. If no one had amplifiers, we might be able to get along with
modifying our antennas, but more efficient antennas won't cut it today. You
practically need an amp to break pilups over rare and not so rare DX as
standard issue to your ham station.

Second, I did make some errors in my description of antennas. 6/2 was meant
to signify 2 6-el's in phase. Some run 6 over 6 over 6 over 6 over 6 or more.

Oh well. Flame on. And, while your at it, why not try to find a solution
to the war over shorter contests.... 73 es DX,

Peter kb2nmv