24/48 Hour test

Jeff Embry WI2T 70253.410 at CompuServe.COM
Thu Mar 11 20:59:43 EST 1993

Come on guys enough on the 24/48 hour contest.  It is starting to get old.
I can speak for anyone else but the amount of time that I can spend in a
contest depends entirely on how other things in my daily life are going.  I
mean there are other commitments that will take priority at times.
Personally, if I can't put in a full effort, I will work the test in a
single band mode.  That way I can tailor my operating periods to where I can
hopefully perform best and still keep up with other things.  As far as a
reward for contesting.... I set my goals to try to do a little better than
the last time.  If I happen to get a piece of wall paper, that's icing on
the cake.  I contest because I enjoy it, nothing more nothing less.  To me
it is just plain old FUN...and with all the bickering, I wonder how much FUN
it is to others.

73 de Jeff (WI2T)