CT MODOKI

FOXG at WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU FOXG at WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU
Fri Mar 12 02:57:12 EST 1993

Has anyone else come across this software, "CT MODOKI".  I found it on
the ARRL BBS as MODOKI.ZIP.
It is basically a CT simulator for the CQWW contest... and though I'd
like to see some additions/refinements, it's a pretty neat piece of code.
Someone has suggested a possible SPRINT using this software instead of
actually using 6 over 6 over 6 or my G5RV at 65 ft.
A little time on this software has certainly humbled me.  I see folks
getting rates on QRM laden frequencies that I can't get on my own
computer.  And, when operating at a reasonably fast speed (somewhere in the
40 wpm range I think), I'm astounded by my error rate... much higher
than I would have assumed or admitted to.
Any other users?
73, Geoff WA1U.

btw - East Coast ops note:  As your friendly local weather forecaster
let me tell you this weekend storm on the way is no wimp.  I wouldn't
be surprised to see wind gusts above hurricane force and some inland
areas of New England and New York State count the snow in feet.  Crank
it down if you can.