The last 24 hour message

intelhf!agora!putz!tyreel at uunet.UU.NET intelhf!agora!putz!tyreel at uunet.UU.NET
Thu Mar 11 21:44:03 EST 1993

Jeff, WI2T sums up my feelings quite well.  Oh, to add my own two cents,
has someone mentioned what the impact of shortening the contest would make
to the number of people who go on a dxpedition for the contest?  Ever  wonder
why you don't hear as many of the top ops in the "field" during the WPX test?
IARU test?  24 hours is just not worth it.

If I spend the money to go to TI1C, I would want to operate at least 48 hours!
So, for guys like me who can't put in too many 48 hour efforts any more, there
are single band categories.  Some of them have records that are worth breaking.
Or, if
I have less time, I just get on and work some rate and call my friends by name.

Tree N6TR