No subject

tekbspa!tavan at uunet.UU.NET tekbspa!tavan at uunet.UU.NET
Fri Mar 19 16:57:33 EST 1993

The first two creative suggestions to come out of this
debate since the orignal 24 hour proposal were N6TR's
to sponsor a 24 hour listing through NCJ (with volunteer
labor) and K1AR's suggestion, relayed by K1DG, to use one
station to take two (high) places in the 24 hour category.
Not only could John (or Doug) pull that off individually,
think what the station could do if they each took 24 hours,
say alternating calls and ops every 3 hours!

The supporters of 24 hour contesting are not just wimps
with low budgets and lower endurance.  Many supporters
of the concept are just looking for more/better metrics of
their own performance in their favorite contests.  It
wouldn't bother me one bit to see John take 1st and 2nd.
At least I could see how close I could get to his scores
(30%?) and the category might get really competitive if
other large East Coast stations tried the same tricks.

I hope someone with time and energy creates an independent
24 hour listing and I think everyone will enjoy the results.

73,

Rick N6XI