W9GR DSP - possible repeat

Crawford CRAWFORD at ritchie-emh1.army.mil
Sat Mar 20 09:57:08 EST 1993

This is a repeat posting for some of you, but I have not received this
from the reflector and have not heard from others who have posted
msgs about the DSP unit so I am thinking it did not get out to the
entire list.  For those that this is repeat, sorry.

Is anyone out there using the multi-program version of the W9GR
DSP filter?  I finished mine a few nights ago and my limited
testing so far shows it to be working as advertised in program 1.
However, when I select any of the other programs there is a constant
high-pitched low-amplitude tone that does not vary with audio gain changes.
Also no difference whether it is set at BIO 0 or 1.

Also, in the CW filters, program 5-9, what is supposed to be happening
in BIO 0?
Directions say filter is out, and I agree with that, but something is
happening as it does not sound the same as raw audio.  Is the noise reduction
program in action?

I got the Internet address for W9GR and will write to him when I get
enough info from others to determine if this is a problem common to all
or if it is unique.  Responses I have so far differ- some say the tone
is there in SSB modes and some say it is in CW.

For others who may be reading this that have not seen --
I mean heard this DSP filter in action, it is really nice.
Does not eliminate static crashes but sure
cuts down on background noise and intensity of the static.  Hearing it wipe out
hetrodynes is a real treat.

73, Jerry
K7UPJ