Stacked Arrays

Bill Myers, K1GQ WLMyers at fandago.Read.TASC.COM
Mon Mar 22 10:43:06 EST 1993

The ETO ad on page 14 of April (!) QST says that Martti "used several
Alphas ... each feeding one individual antenna in a stacked array ..."

As one of those New England guys who must be winning contests by spending
$$$ and running gas, I need to know if this really works.  Assuming that
the Alphas are driven by the same exciter through a splitter, how are the
phase shifts through the amplifiers matched to prevent distorting the
pattern of the stacked array?  Or maybe he doesn't care -- as in beaming
Europe and US simultaneously.

Yes, Rich, I'm alive, but almost NIH (Not In Hobby).

-- K1GQ