Sweepstakes Penalites

NB7241000-LondonSMDR230524 n2ic at bighorn.dr.att.com
Fri Mar 26 07:47:11 EST 1993

Since I don't have the SS rules here at work, refresh my memory.

You lose 3 QSO's for a busted call.  What do you lose for any other part
of the exchange being busted ?

I think the penalty should be consistent - the call is no more important
that the rest of the exchange.

I support any scoring structure that provides an incentive for accuracy.
Losing only the QSO with the busted exchange is not enough incentive to
encourage accuracy.

The letter by KC1F in the March/April NCJ deals directly with the issue
of copying accuracy and what the log checkers do (and don't) about it.  Real
interesting reading.

Steve, N2IC/0

P.S. I'll have 15 Novice/Technician/General kids between ages 6 and 15 over
tomorrow for the WPX.  Be nice to them.  They are the future of contesting.