NEW CQ PLAQUE CQWW-CW

Derek Wills oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 29 23:43:05 EST 1993

	KH6NO (Willy) and K7SS (Danny) are planning on sponsering a plaque
	in the CQWW CW in honor of one the BEST ever CW Ops in the WORLD.
	It will be called the "LU8DQ Memorial Plaque" in honor of Jorge,
	who passed away recently. We plan on giving it to the operator who
	has the BEST SINGLE HOURLY RATE in the WW CW. An hour is ANY 60
	consecutive minutes in the 498 hour contest period.

498 hrs?  No wonder my scores are so low, I was stopping too soon.

Assuming that this means 48 hrs, I hope you realize that this discriminates
against those who can't put in a full hour of the contest because of family
commitments.  I think there should also be plaques for the best 30 mins, the
best 15 mins and the best 5 mins, then we will all be playing on a level field.

(Do I actually have to add smileys?)

Derek Wills (AA5BT, G3NMX)
Department of Astronomy, University of Texas,
Austin TX 78712.  (512-471-1392)
oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu