ss

FOXG at WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU FOXG at WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU
Mon Nov 8 01:34:59 EST 1993

This is a tough contest... and the family wasn't too thrilled either!
100 watts and a solitary G5RV at 65 feet.

This contest showed me a lot about how my station plays.  Great signal on
80... in many ways dominating for my power.  Terrible signal on 15.  I
assume a gradual fall off between each.  I made 244 QSOs on 80 and 60 on
15 (nothing doing on 10).

No Yukon!  I'm probably qualified if there are any cups with a chip missing.

It is sad to note that even after 27 years as a ham, I'm nothing near an
oldtimer.  Look at the dates in your log.  Almost nothing from the last
10 years.  I'll analyze later, but wouldn't be surprised to find more
pre-WW2 hams than post Vietnam.  Are we really a dying breed?

Why does an activity that's so much fun draw so little new blood?  Maybe
contests need better pr?

529 Q's x 76 sections = 80,408 in about 16 or 17 hours.

My wife, daughter and I had a picnic dinner of pizza Sunday evening on
the shack floor.

73, Geoff Fox WA1U