More than one call per setup

CASEDA at ECSUC.CTSTATEU.EDU CASEDA at ECSUC.CTSTATEU.EDU
Mon Nov 8 15:02:49 EST 1993

That way I see/feel about it is that once you start operating, you call
should appear on the contest roster (and in this case, calls are associated
with names, so you name would be represented).
Therefore, if I was operating in a m/m, using the technique that a m/s
supposedly used, there would be nothing to stop me from, on a seperate transmittor
cruising the bands with my personal call and asking stations to QSY.  There would be no limit to this!

So, if you call appears on the list of operators you better make damn sure it
doesn't appear in someone else's log (unless the station you are operating from
is using your call.)  The only exception to this rule is if you were able to
change countries in the middle of the contest.

73
Dave
KA1NCN

>From Trey Garlough <GARLOUGH at TGV.COM>  Mon Nov  8 20:18:44 1993
From: Trey Garlough <GARLOUGH at TGV.COM> (Trey Garlough)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 12:18:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: NCJ change of address

I moved to a new address this weekend.  Please make a note of the new
address and phone number for NCJ material:

Trey Garlough, WN4KKN
7375 Oak Ridge Road
Aptos, CA 95003
(408) 462-2226

From: tree at cmicro.com (Larry Tyree) (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 11:38:05 PST
Subject: PJ1B

Well, I was afraid using the strong language in my last posting might
bring about some emotion (or maybe that was my intent).

Thanks to all of you who have sent me your personal comments.  It seems that
EVERYONE who sent me a comment is in total agreement that this technique
should not be allowed.

So there you go!!  Here is a case where maybe we can apply some peer
pressure.  Be it resolved that the amateur radio contesting fraternity
frowns on using a second call to move multipliers when you are multi-single
and we think that the PJ1B operation should either remove any q
mults that were made this way, or classify itself as multi-multi.

Are there any PJ1B ops out there that can respond to this????

Tree  N6TR