Sound Blaster Pro vs. Deluxe

frank moore fhmoore at nemed.b11.ingr.com
Wed Sep 15 09:37:08 EDT 1993

Dan,

I have been able to run PED with what I think is a "regular" sound blaster
v 1.5. I'm not absolutely sure about the board as it was second hand. The
previous owner said that he thought it was a "8/16 bit" sound blaster but I
doubt this since the interface is 8bit ISA. Anyway the board works only if I
invoke PED408I with the -pas option. I can't really tell anyway difference if
I select 9 or 18 stations so this also makes me think that its a plain vanilla
SB as well. I don't understand why I have to use -pas though. I thought that
was just for the pro audio spectrum board.

                                                 Frank, KE4GY