Low Drive From Heil Mic's

K5ZD at world.std.com K5ZD at world.std.com
Fri Apr 8 23:03:57 EDT 1994

N3RS Wrote:

I have been reading all the discussion regarding Heil microphone
drive prob-
lems with great interest, waiting for someone to make a statement
about the
solution I (at N3RD's suggestion) have stumbled onto.  If you
happen to use
the DVP in your station, you can activate it during normal
operations (non-
contest) by launching the DVPTSR.  I have found that although my
Heil mic
will not even trip the VOX when plugged directly into the
microphone plug
of my IC-765, by using the DVP as a buffer stage, the mic works
very well
and I do not need to turn the gain up.

Perhaps this will be a quick & dirty solution for those of you
that have a
DVP.

73's de Sig, N3RS
6481603 at MCIMAIL.COM

de K5ZD:

In my case the Heil mic works great with the IC-765 (I have the
.47 mica cap in the mic line).  But, when I use the DVP it is
definitely "hotter" in the audio department to the point that
there is some RF feedback.  I guess it is always something!

I am amazed at all the variations we are seeing reported
considering these are production radios and microphones!

Randy, K5ZD