Packet

Waltk at PICA.ARMY.MIL Waltk at PICA.ARMY.MIL
Mon Aug 15 11:45:54 EDT 1994

K3EST writes:

>Tape loops are easily available at Radio shack (1 min loop). Just
>record 8 CQ's and build an interface to your transmitter. We even had
>a volume adjust for the earphones. You can save yourself $200.

I used tape loops for years before I broke down and got a
sound blaster card for the PC. Either method is a technological
aid, and nothing more.

I think this whole "men don't do packet" is a throw back to some
purist persuit of an intangible goal to do it without assistance;
a manifestation of the "American self-made man" syndrome.  This
persuit is moot has no basis in reality.  Technology, in general
and, packet in particular, is a fact of life. Accept it.
73 de Walt Kornienko  -   K2WK		Internet:  waltk at pica.army.mil
DX PacketCluster:  K2WK > W3MM  (FRC) 	Packet: K2WK at N2ERH.NJ.USA.NOAM