WAE history

Marijan.Miletic at IJS.si Marijan.Miletic at IJS.si
Tue Aug 16 12:03:11 EDT 1994

Hi Contesters,

Appart from recent change to 48 hours in the worst possible time because of
the minimum of sun activity, WAE had few other unfortunate oversights!

Once upon a time USA states counted as mults (many W's are still giving
their state as the part of report) and all you have to do was beaming NW!

They had high/low band categories and only tribander hams showed in high
class while low band activity was minimal!

However, I strongly support 4/3/2 mults structure as it is the only way
to get people bellow 14 MHz!  I guess it has NOTHING TO DO with USA
obsession with right & left coast!  WPX does the same.

After reading all the email about packet again, I still advocate free use
of it as the means of technical support for single operator!

73 de Mario, S56A, S57MM, N1YU, ex YU3EA, YU1PCF.

email: Marijan.Miletic at IJS.SI