USING 25G base for 45G tower

rthorne at VNET.IBM.COM rthorne at VNET.IBM.COM
Thu Aug 25 09:23:20 EDT 1994

This thread about the peir pin got me thinking.  I have a 90' 25g tower up
and would eventually like to replace it with 45G.  First thought is to
have a back hoe dig out the 25g concrete and re-pour for the 45g base.

I used the 25g short base section in my concrete. Its 3.5' long.

Since a pin is enough to hold 45G to specs, I was thinking on manufacturing
a reducer plate so I could mount 45g on the 25g base.  Please note the 25G
base was dug and poured to 45g specs.  This would be a triangle plate with
stubs on the bottom to fit into the 25g and legs on the section, and stubs on
the top to fit into the 45g straight section.

I am not an engineer, and its probably not the right thing to do, but I
thought I would ask the multitude.

73,
Rich - WB5M - RTHORNE at VNET.IBM.COM

>From Michael Owen <MOWE at SLUMUS.STLAWU.EDU>  Thu Aug 25 13:26:08 1994
From: Michael Owen <MOWE at SLUMUS.STLAWU.EDU> (Michael Owen)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 94 08:26:08 EDT
Subject: I'm starting a pool...

The date for the 1996 ARRL National Convention has been announced...
the 2nd weekend of September.  Gee... that coincides with *another*
VHF contest.  What a surprise!

Who wants to wager whether the contest gets bumped? (he asked, through
tightly gritted teeth.)

MRO

Michael R. Owen, Ph.D.                        a.k.a.: W9IP
Department of Geology                         Northern Lights Software
St. Lawrence University                       Star Route, Box 60
Canton, NY  13617                             Canton, NY  13617
(315) 379-5975             -  voice  -        (315) 379-0161 (6-9pm)
e-mail: MOWE at SLUMUS            FAX   -        (315) 379-5804