VP2EZA OPERATION

N6ZZ at aol.com N6ZZ at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 06:25:23 EST 1994

A quote from Robert Shapiro's recent VP2EZA score posting:

"Observations: We decided to have more fun and enter the M/M category
instead of M/S, even though we would have been more competitive within
the M/S category."

I can't help but congratulate the VP2EZA operators guys on this decision.
 During the past 10 years that N6AA and I have been part of an overseas
multi-multi group (3DA0Z, VK9LI, CE0Y etc.), we've often realized that our
station and operator capability would have enabled us to produce a very
serious multi-single entry.  However, we've always opted to go multi-multi
instead.  More fun, more total QSOs, more happy guys at the other end of the
pileup---and no worries about questionable ethics such as using one of the
operators callsigns of the "multi-single" station to "arrange" schedules for
the multi-single's multiplier station.

'way to go, EZA guys.  Your decision probably enabled me to work you on at
least one more band than I would have otherwise.  Thanks!

Phil - N6ZZ                         aka                          N6ZZ at AOL.COM