solicitation of contacts

K3NA at aol.com K3NA at aol.com
Sun Dec 11 14:55:35 EST 1994

On Sat, 10 Dec 1994 a message appeared on the Contest Reflector:

> I would like to schedule a phone QSO with anyone who reads this message.
> I am participating in the ARRL 10 Meter Contest this weekend and will be
> calling CQ on 28.404 + or - 5KC Saturday 12/10 at 15:00 zulu or 10AM
> on the East coast of U.S. Look foward to hearing you in the pileup.
>
> Thanks,
> (etc)

   Use of the Internet in this way is "soliciting contacts by non-amateur
means".  It appears, from earlier discussions, that most contesters feel this
is inappropriate (even if not explicitly prohibited in the rules).

-- Eric K3NA

k3na at aol.com

>From Richard F. DiDonna" <rdidonna at liberty.uc.wlu.edu  Sun Dec 11 19:10:37 1994
> > I would like to schedule a phone QSO with anyone who reads this message.
> > I am participating in the ARRL 10 Meter Contest this weekend and will be
> > calling CQ on 28.404 + or - 5KC Saturday 12/10 at 15:00 zulu or 10AM
> > on the East coast of U.S. Look foward to hearing you in the pileup.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stu N2AUK

So, what would happen if 28.399 - 28.409 were occupied?  Why would one
really need to set up a schedule when the other guys will be in the
contest anyhow.  Afterall, this is a "contest reflector"...

Gee,

Rich KI6ZH (or /4)