6E2T ARRL CW Results

KWIDELITZ at delphi.com KWIDELITZ at delphi.com
Tue Feb 22 23:52:52 EST 1994

                   ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST  1994

      Call: 6E2T                     Country:  Mexico
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Single

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160       50      150          20
       80      476     1428          54
       40     1093     3279          59
       20      885     2655          58
       15      761     2283          57
       10      261      783          40
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   3526    10578         288  =   3,046,464

Operators: AB6FO, N6AZE, K2VIV, XE2BGD, XE2ENG, XE2EOS
Equipment: TS-950SD, Dentron MLA 2500, A3S, HF2V
Club Affiliation:
Club de Radio Experimento de Baja California (CREBC)

As primary operator (AB6FO) I realized a lifelong dream to be DX.
Guys, being DX is the only way to do a DX contest. Pushing the
last 10 rate meter to 266, the last 100 rate meter to 185, having
a 150 hour, being on the receiving end of a pile-up - these are
things that need to be experienced. When the first pile-up built
up, I can only describe what I heard as mud. I have a great deal
of new found respect for DXpeditioners.

Murphy struck only softly in the form of my pushing the amp too
hard on 80 and blowing the power in the middle of the first
night. I had to run next door (we had two adjacent condos) and
wake up the guys and run an extension cable to their room to get
back up. We also had terrible line noise early Saturday morning
(which kept me from a 200 hour) and Sunday afternoon. We also
blew out the capacitors for 160 on the vertical, so missed mults
there.

We never heard VO1, VO2 and VE8. Conditions didn't seem bad at
all from the DX side on the West Coast.

What I want to know is, why is there a 10 minute rule for Multi-
Single? Moving multipliers is fun, making skeds that usually are
not kept is not fun.

Being DX is in my blood now. I'm afraid it is a terrible
addiction. I fear I need another fix. In fact, I feel I need to
do a single op soon before I get too old to handle 48 hours.

We will be QSLing 100% via the bureaus. SASEs to AB6FO will be
returned direct. The other ops are planning to go back for the
PHONE WPX.