IARU score - N0BSH

N0bsh at aol.com N0bsh at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 19:37:03 EDT 1994

Score for IARU HF Championship

N0BSH              Wisconsin
Single-operator  CW only

Band       Q       Z
----      ---    ---
  10        -        -
  15       75       15
  20     319       41
  40     189       28
  80       61       10
 160        7         2
           ----------
           651       96            final score ~ 200,740

Equipment:  (1st 2 hours) - 15:  5/5 @ 110'/70'
                                           20:  15/20M duobander @ 50'
                                           IC-765,  Alpha 87A

                   (last 9 hours) - 20:  Wilson SY40 tribander @ 135'
                                            40/80/160:  full wave 160 loop
apex
                                            @ 130'

An interesting contest to say the least.  I started the contest at W0AIH.
 For various reasons I was limited in my available antennas.  I lost interest
after 2 hours though condx seemed to be at least decent.  Found a neat JA
opening on 15 at 1247Z - nice signals but it only lasted about 20 minutes.
 EU was just starting to come in OK when I left.

Drove back to La Crosse and slept.

I decided that I still wanted to play radio so I went to W9UP and got back on
the air at about 0300Z.  20 was pretty decent - lots of nice sigs from zone
28 and 29!  40 seemed pretty good though the beverage was mandatory to hear
DX stations well.  It was nice to work a few VKs on 80 as well as ZL2AGY.
 Missed some easy mults on 10 because it was not open while I was at the
radio.  20 was really good to JA right at the end - wish I'd had 1 more hour.
. .

All in all it was a fun weekend - just a little different from what I had
planned.

Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh at aol.com