GASEOUS EJECTUS

RKILE at delphi.com RKILE at delphi.com
Sat Jul 16 21:25:16 EDT 1994

        Real Gas, Nitro, Smoke, Soup and other descriptions of microphonic
                        and telegraphic Power

    Wow! What a thread. Some of the best humor and best lies in Amateur
radio! 80 postings in 3 days is almost as good as CQWW.

    My curiosity had me do a inventory check of Bird 5000H elements sold so
far this year at AES. To date some 35 total all locations. I would say the
rate has been somewhat constant over the years indicating about 50-60 per
year. Multiply that by some 70 or so different vendors add those from
business or contract origin and the number gets to the 1000 range quite
easily. Who's blowing smoke?
    W0UN, NI6T have suggested disqualification for flagrant rules
violations. Why not? It would be a real pleasure to compete on a even
playing field based on skill, knowledge, and just plain persistance.
All other sanctioned sports have measures implimented. The cost is part of
the privilege of competition. Administration and enforcement probably will
never happen. Without certification of compliance where would NASCAR or SCCA
be today? Worthless, meaningless, records and events.
    Take for instance a CLASS A COMPETITION CERTIFICATE. Mandatory station
inspection to insure compliance. CT or N6TR interface cards with packet
cluster lockout code in single op category. Along with time and date stamped
power measurements imbedded into contest logs. Hummm....

73 de Bob, KG7D
via internet"rkile at delphi.com"
CQ CQ TEST........