CQP date

N0bsh at aol.com N0bsh at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 23:40:42 EDT 1994

Man, I can't wait until CQP and Oktoberfest don't coincide for a change.  But
one has to have priorities.

Beer (lots) and babes (lots) over radio any day!!!!

Mike N0BSH
n0bsh at aol.com

From: Danny Eskenazi <0005720561 at mcimail.com> (Danny Eskenazi)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 23:14 EST
Subject: WHAT'S THE SOLUTION???

Just got back on here and read the pileup on GAS!

IT IS A MAJOR PROBLEM IN CONTESTING !

WHAT CAN WE DO?

We have somewhat of a concensus of interested contesters reading this
reflector, and I think we represent the majority of gung-ho contesters
(? do we?). If so, how does a group like ourselves deal with the problem?

How can this reflector effectively apply peer-pressure to those few (?)
who want to take advantage of the rest, by running abusive power?
We're supposedly a self-policing hobby..yet I've never seen anyone
actively deal with power cheaters in the 35 years Ive been active!
Just a lot of HOT AIR! (there is that exception where some local novices
were enticed into pinning the coax of a famous DXer in the 60s ... hint
"last two letters only"..)

Pesonally I've lost two (and a shot at another) records just this year to
"KNOWN" power abusers.  I either give up contesting for records.. or
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

I implore this group to come up with a good suggestion on how to deal
with these "known" bad apples.

Hey...if we as a group this large and representative...cant deal with it..
THEN NO ONE CAN.  Weve got the CQ COmmittee, the CAC, the ARRL contest
committee, and major contest players from around the world..ALL ON HERE!

WHAT DO WE DO?    I WANT MY HOBBY BACK !   I don't want to quit playing
just because a few bullies have shown up on the playfield.

73  Danny K7SS
K7SS @ MCI.COM