Wasted away again...

AA4NC at aol.com AA4NC at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 12:37:11 EDT 1994

With apologies to Jimmy Buffett, the WB5WBW/WB5 Field Day Bluegrass Band
debuts it's new hit single:

"WASTED AWAY AGAIN IN REPEATERVILLE"

It's Field Day for Pete's sake,
Watchin' the sun bake,
All of those techs and their brand-new HTs
They're strutting real cocky, 'Til code they must copy,
Now they're on .64 shootin' the breeze.

Wasted away again down in Repeaterville,
Searching for the rest of your call,
Some people claim that no-code's to blame,
But I know, it's our own *&+! fault.

I don't know the reason,
I stayed here this evening,
Nothing to show but a few lousy Qs,
To the novice they're preachin'
Contestin' they're teachin'
They tell him to ask them for their last two.

Wasted away again in old Repeaterville,
Antenna experts a plenty,
They knew they were loud,
And they were so proud,
"Hey we just worked Texas on twenty!"

You can feel the power,
At 6 Qs per hour,
And 8 words a minute they're knockin' 'em dead,
So much for this year,
Pass me that case of beer,
I'll get in the pup tent and go on to bed.

Wasted away again down in Repeaterville,
He worked FD, now DX he just can't miss,
Got him a tower,
A big old Alpha for power,
Now he's on 20 - takin' a list.