Headphone/Mic survey

blckhole at aol.com blckhole at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 14:29:42 EST 1994

I'm considering buying a Heil Proset with the HC-4 mic element.
Does anyone have any comment on this particular headset or
suggest something that might even be better ??

It will be used in conjunction with a Yaesu FT1000D.

I'm looking for good quality CONTEST Tx audio, not broadcast quality
and prefer a "full coverage" earpiece.  The open frame type such as
Heil's BM10 and most Sennheiser-type phones allow too much background
noise to enter to be worthwhile in multi-op situations.  I'm also trying to
avoid the dreaded head-vise effect of many aviation style sets such as
David-Clarke's.

Comments/suggestions ??

Please respond direct to my address !!

Keith WB9TIY