ARRL DX SSB

aa7nx at aol.com aa7nx at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 14:56:23 EST 1994

 1994 ARRL DX SSB - AA7NX

Better Eu opening on 15 than I expected Sat. AM. Got to get my tower up! The
Explorer 14 at 30' consistently works better than I think it will, but just
about anything at 80' will work better, especially on 40m. The HF6V on the
ground in the back yard with 100 watts is almost useless for DX. I tried to
work a couple of JAs and it was futile. (Need to fix the FL2100 on 80m and
load the tower).

Regarding the tower, does anybody have any thoughts on how close to a house
foundation I can put the footing for my tower? My house has no basement and
is current  (1986) construction. The tower is an LM470, so the base will be
4' X 4' X 7.5' deep. The closer I can get it to the house, the more turning
radius I get. Thanks in advance.
73, Mike  AA7NX at AOL.COM

    Callsign used = AA7NX   SECTION = OREGON
    CLASS = SINGLE OP/HIGH POWER

   BAND     QSOs  Mults
    80        5      4
    40       34     16
    20       87     35
    15      240     56
    10       41     22

   Total    407    133
   Time operated = 10:01

   SCORE = 162,393 POINTS

Equipment: TS-940S, Yaesu FL2100 (500 watts 40 - 10m), IBM 486DX33, DVP card,
N6TR V4.14 (beta)

Antennas: Hygain Explorer 14 at 30' (40-10 meters), HF6V (80 meters)

Club or team: CASCADE CONTEST CLUB