WPX musings

Ray Rocker rrrocker at rock.b11.ingr.com
Tue May 31 22:48:33 EDT 1994

As has been said already, pretty good at the beginning but el sucko the
rest of the way. Didn't take too long Sunday morning to realize the day
was better spent outside working on the ol' suntan (those flares musta
made it brighter).

10 and 80 were both wastelands. 15 ok for a while Saturday afternoon but
way down from recent contests. 20 opened nicely to almost everywhere at start
(esp. Russia/Finland) but went downhill fast. 40 looked good 1st night --
missed Europe window due to other engagements but SAm/Pacific were strong.
2nd night was horrid all over.

WQ5L SO/AB Medium power/low dipole 436 QSOs, 287 PXs, 198891 pts in 12.5 hrs
QSOs by band: 80m:5, 40m:160, 20m:235, 15m:30, 10m:6

I did get two new counters for my DXCC, and it was nice practice for
Field Day digging weak W/VE's out of the static. So, time well spent. 73,

-- ray // WQ5L // 6-figure palindromic scores should get novelty awards!
   rrrocker at rock.b11.ingr.com