Wire Beams

WEBSTER_KER at CSUSYS.CTSTATEU.EDU WEBSTER_KER at CSUSYS.CTSTATEU.EDU
Thu May 5 10:35:04 EDT 1994

With Field Day just around the corner, our group is starting to think about
high-gain antennas for 40 meters. The idea of a 3 element wire beam came up and
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? Being in the
Northeast, we don't really have to worry about turning it, so it seems like an
ideal solution. Any comments? Any other ideas that we should consider?

Thanks for the input... Kevin N1EPU [WEBSTER_KER at CCSU.CTSTATEU.EDU]

>From Fred Cady ieefc at msu.oscs.montana.edu" <fred_c at ece.ee.montana.edu  Thu May  5 12:34:55 1994
From: Fred Cady ieefc at msu.oscs.montana.edu" <fred_c at ece.ee.montana.edu (Fred Cady ieefc at msu.oscs.montana.edu)
Date: Thu, 05 May 1994 07:34:55 EDT

Hey you guys trying to subscribe or unsubscribe.  Don't you ever
listen in the pile-up?  This isn't a "when last heard you were
2x2 rifleshot, last two letters of your call only, net!"
Everything is Q5 unless you have QRM between
your ears. LISTEN UP!  DON'T send your subscribe or unsubscribe
messages to the reflector.  It doesn't work that way and it doesn't
work.   DON'T send your subscription request to cq-contest at tgv.com.
DO send it to cq-contest-REQUEST at tgv.com.  The other reflectors work
the same way, too.  And read the "Frequently Asked Questions", or
FAQ, messages that come from the system operator.  And don't
keep calling in the pile-up when the dx is coming back to a partial
call that isn't even close to yours.

73, de Fred, KE7X (a grumpy old professor at the end of a long term where
the students don't listen either!)

P.S. Still looking for hams/contesters at NASA/Langley.