WM5G SS CW

JSTEINMAN at aol.com JSTEINMAN at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 10:42:54 EST 1994

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

BAND          QSOs             ANTENNAs (3 towers)
  80              185          K8UR array of 4 vertical dipoles
  40              821          3el Telrex @100', 3el Mosley @70'
  20              376          6/6 Telrex @105'/55', 4el Quad @ 60'
  15              195          5/5 Telrex @90'/45', 4el Quad @60'
  10                 5           5/5 Telrex @80'/35', 4el Quad @60'

Total = 1582 x 77

Use of second radio netted about 175 Qs.

Stacked yagis on Bertha pole, usually pointed NE. Quad
usually pointed West. On 40 use Telrex NE and Mosley West.
On all 4 bands use power splitting to beam both coasts
simultaneously. It's an absolute MUST from the Midwest.

Best hour was 00-01 = 99 QSOs.
Hit 40 very early, about 2330Z first night. Felt very loud there.
Spent a lot of time on 40 Sunday morning listening
to N5RZ work W9s on 20 I couldn't hear. Around 1530Z
20 finally livened up.

No serious effort planned for SSB as will be packing for
WW CW trip.

See you then from Aruba as P40F.

73
Jeff KR0Y