DVP OP TECHNIQUES

Waltk at PICA.ARMY.MIL Waltk at PICA.ARMY.MIL
Thu Oct 13 11:41:36 EDT 1994

kevn,

>A DVK is great for slow times, but again there is a trap!  Its easy to get
>lulled into simply parking yourself and hitting the CQ message over and
>over again.  In the old "pre-DVK" days, you probably would have tired of
>CQing in a couple minutes and moved on.

How right you are. A big trap that I get lulled into when I'm
very tired. I turn into a contest-droid. "Hit F1, listen, Hit F1,
listen, Hit F1, listen... ad nauseum."  Time to get the large hammer
and hit thumbnail very hard... Ah, I'm awake! Works everytime.

Just wondering what others do to not fall into this seductive trap?

73 de Walt - K2WK	QSL, QRZed... Hit F1, listening...