Women & CQ

RKILE at delphi.com RKILE at delphi.com
Sat Sep 3 21:11:50 EDT 1994

Round One---
    Sold the Henry 2K4. Traded Tower and HF for Atty Fees. Then found a new
one that was better than DX....

Round Two----
    Thought I had it made for first 8 years. She thought playing cards with
relatives more fun on Thanksgiving weekend than CQWW. Sold the Amps, Sold
the tranceivers, sold the towers. Sold the business. Paid Atty Fees and
Split......Dx was better....

Round Three----
    Searched high and low for a really good one. Our families were thousands
of miles away. Don't have to worry about CQWW any more. Lived with her for a
year. Found she could balance checkbook, cook, clean and be better than DX...
Grew older and wiser. Found that if I didn't stop this DX thing I wouldn't
have a retirement EVER......After 6 years I can honestly say that 2-3 major
contests a year is enough. I still can't stand cards, but a hot romantic
weekend on the town to a concert usually helps balance the powers....

Bottom Line...
    It's not likely serious contesters can maintain a relationship. If
that's the driving point you're better off working DX!

Bob Kile, KG7D
via internet"rkile at delphi.com"