Coax Baluns

W7NI at delphi.com W7NI at delphi.com
Wed Sep 7 00:03:30 EDT 1994

I have used a coax balun on a HyGain 402BA for years without problems.  I
did have probems at first, however.  Solution: don't use foam coax.  With high power, the center conductor heats and moves through the foam to the shiled??
shield.  Solid dielectric coax works much much better.  I have the same
probems as everyone else does in connecting the 40 meter beam to the final
on 20 by mistake.

W7NI at delphi.com

"If you can't work 'em, it doesn't matter if you can hear "em."